Living life and figuring it out, one little piece at a time

Tuesday 5 July 2011

In my blogging absence...

I guess I took a bit of a period of absence from blogging!  I've been far too busy lately to jot down thoughts on here but things are definitely going very well.  The boom that Robin's birth story got was absolutely incredible - I think I got over 1000 hits in the first day it was online!  Very encouraging feedback.  I love to share that story everywhere I can, so that people can understand that it CAN be done - and it can still be empowering, even if its really, really hard!

I've been working away on three courses through this summer, but have also had the opportunity to spend a ton of time with the kiddos.  One course is completely done, one is about halfway there and the other is a third or so - so I'm pretty well on track and they're all going well! 

We have been working very hard (actually, my partner Jamie has been) on night weaning our litlte guy.  Yes, at 2.5 he is still nursing - but not through the night anymore!  Jamie has been sleeping with him each night and he adjusted to it surprisingly well.  Unfortunately, when Mommy is in the bed he doesn't think that the same rules apply.  And doubly unfortunately, Jamie leaves this Thursday for 5 days/4 nights to sell drums at the London Sunfest.  Wish me luck people!  Night-time parenting of both kids who do not sleep through the night (despite being 2 and almost 6) is not my favourite of jobs!

More to come, hopefully a lot sooner than last time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, that has got to be tough. I hope your time goes okay.

    ReplyDelete